In this guide, we address the things that a user needs to control when the Mileage Book suddenly stops registering trips automatically.
Below, you can read about the sugested solution, respectively on iPhone and Android phones.
If you are in the situation that your iBeacon does not work, there is probably something wrong with the signal between your phone and iBeacon or your location permissions to Mileage Book isn't set to "always" in your phone settings
To solve this, please follow these steps:
- First check if your location permission is set to "Always"
- Go to Settings
- Continue to Privacy
- Select Location Services
- Find Mileage Book and change it to Always
- Check if your iBeacon is connected to your phone
1. Open the Mileage Book app
2. Choose Settings
3. Choose Automatic start/stop
4. Check if it says Connected below the iBeacon picture
- Is your iBeacon visible?
- Restart the Mileage Book app
- Restart your phone
- The battery in the iBeacon can run out of power (battery life approximately 1-1½ years) even though the iBeacon still remains "Connected" in the Mileage Book app. If the battery is expected to run out of power, read more about battery replacement HERE
Note. The automatic start/stop feature is available on both iPhone/iPad and Android devices, BUT it's only iPhone users that can use the Mileage Book iBeacon. The Mileage Book app can only use iBeacons from Mileage Book and not from any third party providers.
If your Android phone suddenly stops registering your trips automatically, it can mean 2 things - Either it is the Bluetooth connection in the car or the Battery optimization in the phone that has been changed.
To ensure that the settings in the phone are set correctly so the GPS signal for Mileage Book issen't being "shut down" by the battery optimization, please look through the Android GPS troubleshooting
It is the car's bluetooth connection that starts and stops the trips automatically in Mileage Book - If you change car, it is important that you connect the Mileage Book app with the car's bluetooth connection (We recommend the car radio's bluetooth connection as it is the most stable one available in a car)
To connect the Mileage Book app with a bluetooth connection in your car, please follow the steps below:
- Open the Mileage Book app
- Select More
- Select Settings
- Select Automatic start / stop
- Pick either the desired bluetooth connection or start/stop though the charging cable the list
If none of the above solves the issue, please contact our support department at:
Phone: +45 70 25 11 00