An employee can get a tax-free mileage allowance from his employer for 60 days of driving between workplace and home within a prior period of 12 months.
- On day 61 with driving to the same workplace address within the last 12 months, the employee can no longer receive tax-free driving allowance.
- The employee must use his own car to get a mileage allowance.
- It is only trips where the home address is in the FROM and TO address box, which will be counted in the 60 days overview
Mileage Book has introduced a 60-day rule overview which gives an overview of the employees' driving within the last 12 months.
The page is accessed by following these steps.
- Sign in to the Mileage Book website
- Select 60-day rule overview
- Select a to date that shows all trips up to the selected date
- Click Apply
The overview of the employee's trips will now be shown.
- Visited places
- Number of visits per month
- Count on the current 60 day period
NOTE: If there in the count are parenthesis ( ) about a number in the count, this indicates that the 60 day period is interrupted, and the period has therefore been reset.
If you press the green plus sign to the left of the address, you will also be able to see which trips are included in the 60 day count.