An employee can get a tax-free mileage allowance from his employer for 60 days of driving between workplace and home within a prior period of 12 months.
- On day 61 with driving to the same workplace within the last 12 months, the employee can no longer receive tax-free driving allowance.
- The employee must use his own car to get a mileage allowance.
- It is only driving where the home is at one end, which will be counted in the 60 days.
Mileage Book has introduced a 60-day rule overview which gives an overview of the employees' driving within the last 12 months.
The page is accessed by following these steps.
- Sign in to the Mileage Book website
- Select the Book tab
- Select 60-day rule overview
- Select a to date that shows all trips up to the selected date
- Select an Employee
- Click Apply
Here is an overview of the employee's driving.
- Visited places
- Number of visits per month
- Total number of visits during the last 12 months